Glass Panel Railing includes Glass Infill Panels for Balconies, Decks, Ramps and Stairs
The Glass Panel Railing (Aluminum Framed Glass Panel Railing) has become more and more popular due to the popularity of maximizing existing or creating new views of the beach, mountains, city lights, etc. See our CAD BIM PDF DWG section for more info.
Aluminum & Glass Panel Rail
Depending on the type of railing panel material selected, effects range from total privacy to an un-obscured view at picturesque locations. The aluminum framed glass panel railing is created from a variety of components that are interchanged to produce various glass rail designs.
If needed, custom components can be developed to meet almost any aluminum glass panel railing need. See a sample Aluminum Glass Panel SPECIFICATIONS
Common Aluminum Glass Panel Railing Information
The most common glass panel railing materials used in ATR’s glass panel railing system are:
- 7/16 in. clear tempered laminated glass
- Clear glass panels offer an un-obscured view at picturesque locations. Our standard design captures the aluminum glass railing panels along the top and bottom edges only and the vertical edges are polished.
- The glass panels are mounted within the railing system to form 1/2 in. air gaps between the vertical edges of the panels and posts.
Common Structural Glass Railing Information
The most common structural glass railing materials used in ATR’s structural glass railing system are:
- 9/16 in. clear tempered laminated glass
- Clear glass panels offer an un-obscured view at picturesque locations.
- Our standard design captures the structural glass panels along the bottom edge only within a continuous aluminum base shoe and the vertical edges are polished. Both wet glazed and dry glazed methods are offered.
- Typically, a top rail is required to span across three glass panels to meet code requirements. Structural glass railing designs that do not include a top rail are subject to approval of the local building officials.